[livepress_metainfo author=”Eric White” time=”1:43″]Wassups??!
[livepress_metainfo author=”Eric White” time=”1:43″]Test
[livepress_metainfo author=”Eric White” time=”23:02″]hey what’s up
There’s a particular brand of excitement in the air that can only mean one thing. Of course, we’re talking about another Apple announcement! There are high expectations for the October 22 Apple announcement in San Francisco, CA, as experts around the internet expect a new iPad, iPad mini and Mac Pro to be unveiled at the event. There are also rumors of a couple Easter eggs, which we will get to and hopefully will see at tomorrow’s San Francisco Apple event!
Apple rumors are everywhere and while it’s impossible to say exactly what will be announced in San Francisco tomorrow when Tim Cook and crew take tage, there are a few safe bets that we feel confident in forecasting. Here are our expectations for the Apple announcement October 2013 and a couple things we’d like to see, but aren’t banking on just yet.
Our Apple Announcement Expectations
- Retina displays for the iPad mini. Almost guaranteed to be a part of the October Apple announcement are retina displays for the new iPad minis, a feature that was noticeably absent from the last model. The retina display will be a nice visual upgrade to the system’s current display and is one that Apple fanatics have been asking for.
- New Mac Pro. The new Mac Pro looks awesome and we can’t wait to get our hands on one. Fitted with Intel’s latest processors and sporting a sleek new design, the Mac Pro will definitely be a game changer. A cylindrical shaped desktop computer? Mind. Blown. Also, might we get a date for OS X Maverick? Very likely!
- iPad colors and size change. Last September’s Apple Announcement unveiled two new lines for the iPhone: the 5s and 5c. The latter of which comes in 5 different colors. In addition to making the new iPad thinner and lighter, colored iPads or iPad cases will likely be a part of the announcement to coincide with the new colorful iPhones.
Our Apple Announcement Hopes
- New Apple TV. Now we’re getting into the longshots. We can neither confirm nor deny a new Apple TV unveil tomorrow, but talk has been awhirl on the interwebs and it seems like this could be a 50/50 shot for the October 22 Apple announcement. But when you consider that Amazon’s France and Germany outlets listed the Apple TV as out of stock until October 23 (one day after the announcement), one starts to wonder if this is almost certain.
- iWatch unveil. Sony did it. Samsung recently did it. Heck, even startups are doing it. So is it possible tomorrow’s Apple announcement in San Francisco could see the release of an Apple smart watch? We say it’s about time for the iWatch!
- Keyboard case for Apple iPad. Apple has a lot of work to do in the tablet market and it’s possible, though not altogether likely, that Apple will announce an integrated keyboard case for the new iPad similar to Microsoft’s Touch Cover.
Out of everything to be announced tomorrow at Apple’s San Francisco event, which are you most excited for: new iPads, iPad minis or the Mac Pro? Tell us in the comments below or connect with us on the DayFire Facebook!
Besides being the world’s most popular fruit-named anything and having some of the most innovative products in the history of, well, life, Apple is also pretty darn good at creating effective marketing. Not to say every Apple commercial is a hit, but for the most part Apple has a good sense of what their consumers need to see, hear and feel while watching their commercials.
That being said, here is the absolutely definitive list of the 10 best Apple commercials ever, pre-new iPad.
10. “Sad Song” 2008
There are a handful of these Mac vs PC commercials that could easily make up the top 10 alone (and several that did!). After all, this campaign was so successful that 66 total spots were made, plus an unreleased spot that also made this list. This terrible PC country song lands at number 10 for the forced drama and hilariously woeful country lyrics. The ending to the :90 second commercial is even funnier now that we all know Control+Alt+Delete was a complete mistake!
9. “Cheese” 2012
One thing that Apple does really well in their advertising is to focus on one specific feature of their product and demonstrate just how useful it can be. In this 2012 “Cheese” commercial, Apple demonstrates the new panorama feature in a very relatable way: the classic group picture! Consider the fact that this group is a bunch of cute kids dressed up for Halloween and we’re sold.
8. “Big and Small” 2003
The “Odd Couple” routine may feel
extremely played out old, but this 2003 Apple commercial with Yao Ming, Verne Troyer and a couple of ironically sized PowerBooks teaches us that going all the way with a cliche can be a good thing. We also learned that Yao has enough length to fiddle in the overhead without standing. Whoa.
7. “Hello” 2007
Considering the framework for this commercial recently got jacked for the new Samsung smart watch spot, I’d have to say Apple did something right. Apple’s “Hello” commercial in 2007 was the first television spot for their staple iPhone. The commercial comes in at number 7 because of how it sets up, and then completely shakes up, what we expect out of a phone. When watching this commercial, keep in mind the iPhone launched only on AT&T. Prophetic?
6. “Life” 2012
Of all the commercials which highlight Siri and feature actor John Malkovich, this one is definitely the best. Apple would catch a considerable amount of false advertising flak after these ads aired but that doesn’t make them any less enjoyable to watch.
5. “Broken Promises” 2009
The second of three Mac vs PC commercials on our top 10 list is the classic “Broken Promises” ad from 2009 featuring a time traveling John Hodgman and Justin Long. Is this number 5 mainly because of the Hodgman cut at :23? Maybe. Apple has always had a knack for getting under Microsoft’s skin. This, of all 66 Mac vs PC commercials, stings the most.
4. “Here’s to the Crazy Ones” 1997
The “Here’s to the Crazy Ones” Apple commercial from 1997 is in fact the oldest Apple commercial on this list and also one of the most inspiring. Apple has always positioned itself as being at the highest echelon of innovation and aligning their brand with all the most brilliant minds over the last century was a solid way to restart the company at a time when things weren’t all sunshine and catchy jingles. Very bold.
3. “Intel Processors for Mac” 2006
This Apple commercial from 2006 put Intel in a very uncomfortable spot and sent Mac fans into a frenzy! And even though it’s been called out time and time again for ripping from the Postal Service’s “Such Great Heights” music video, Apple’s brass keeps it in the top 3. Anyway, Apple has since gotten their’s (remember number 7?).
2. Unreleased “Get a Mac” 2009
This ad never aired on television. It was only shown one time at the World Wide Developers Conference in 2009 and lives on for eternity on YouTube. This :70 second spot is the funniest Mac vs PC commercial and quite possibly of Apple’s whole archive. One of the biggest reasons the Mac vs PC campaign worked for so long was its versatility. On this list alone we have a country song, a :30 second commercial and a hilarious keynote! Clearly, this is the best Apple campaign to ever run.
But that’s not enough to be the best Apple commercial ever…
1. “We Believe” 2011
“We Believe” gets the nod as the best Apple commercial of all-time because it is the most “Appley” of all the iPhone, iPad or iAnything commercials to ever air. Whereas most Apple ads tend to focus on features and what makes the product so practical, this :30 second commercial gets to the bare bones of it: Apple is connecting you to other people more efficiently than ever. It’s a positioning statement. And aside from the occasionally mind blowing upgrades on each year’s model (120 frames-per-second, anyone?) the real reason we love our smartphones is because of how they connect us.
Did I miss your favorite Apple ad? Tell me about in the comments below or connect with us on Facebook!